qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ISA PnP support

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ISA PnP support
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:34:10 +0200

Hi,

I am not really interested by ISA PnP as PCI will be the default config as soon as it works for NT. But I can still look at the patch.

If you implement another network controller, it would be good it Mac OS X/Darwin had drivers for it too.

If you implement it to have a faster network, I think this is a waste of time. IMHO, the bottleneck is not yet in the network controller itself, but in the QEMU network layer.

Fabrice.

Antony T Curtis wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a working implementation for ISA PnP which works as an add-on to
ISA devices (so that the ne2000 implementation can exist as a PnP device
which works better for me when running WindowsXP in QEMU).

I have also started writing an another network device based upon the
datasheets for the AMD PC-Net II PCI chip... Hopefully this would result
in faster more efficient networking with copying packets directly into
the target memory space.