qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] tun network

From: vaise
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tun network
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:37:38 +0100

On Saturday 15 May 2004 18:38, you wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:10:05PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > On Mandrake 10, I have /dev/net/tun, but no /dev/net/tun0
> > Is it normal ?
>
> Yes this is normal, qemu creates the corresponding network
> device when it is started.  THe /dev/net/tun is used
> for all tun interfaces for communication with userspace.
>
> If you interface up script fails to run for whatever reason
> i think it may not allocated it.  You can work arround this
> by setting -n /bin/true # then manually configuring the tunN
> interface that will come into existance.

I found my mistake !
"-1 the device node /dev/net/tun with read/write permissions" !!!
so :
crw-rw----  1 me root 10, 200 Jan  1  1970 /dev/net/tun

I, too, should learn to read...

just a litle thing : it could be a good idea to remane the files
"bin00004.bin" and "bin00005.bin".
-they are not binaries
-it is not very clear who is who

Thank you again Renzo for your very good work.