qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Command line / invocation

From: Jamie Burns
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Command line / invocation
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 03:18:00 +0100

Most programs tend to use a single hyphen for single letter switches, ie:

    cp -r foo bar

And double hyphens for full switches, ie:

    cp --recursive foo bar

And as in the case above, single letter switches are usually provided in
addition to full switches as shortcuts. Both are valid.

Maybe as QEMU gains more features, thought could be given to prioritise
which features actually warrant a single letter shortcut switch.

The boot option looks like an ideal candidate and it would be great if these
two lines worked identically:

    qemu -b c

    qemu --boot c

Jamie.