qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Next take at RFB

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Next take at RFB
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 17:11:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have changed the compile time options to command line options as
suggested. For vnc alone, try "-vnc", for vnc and sdl, try "-vnc-and-sdl"
and to set another (client) keyboard layout, try "-k fr" or "-k de".

You can get the patch at
        http://libvncserver.sourceforge.net/qemu/

I put it there, because there is now support for reading the keymaps from
rdesktop (rdesktop is a free client for Windows Terminal Services, which
has much the same problem as we face here) instead of using wine's
keyboard.c, and so it got a little bit bigger. To use this, you have to
"make keysym_convert.h", uncomment the line defining USE_RDESKTOPS_KEYMAPS
in vnc.c and remake qemu. You also need to download the keymaps (or take
them from rdesktop), and extract them in your current directory.

Ultimately I prefer the rdesktop solution, because you don't have to
recompile qemu in order to use a new keyboard layout. I also will try to
make it run with SDL, but this could take a while.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Ciao,
Dscho