qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OSZOO: current status

From: Taras
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OSZOO: current status
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 11:20:10 -0700

Hi
Freebsd floppies are here(cdrom just freezes at boot)
ftp://ftp3.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.2.1-RELEASE/floppies

For netbsd get boot1 & boot2 from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.2/i386/installation/floppy

Recent keyboard changes also broke keyboard support in the netbsd installer. For example the return key seems to get ignored now even though arrow keys work.
Taras

Fabrice Bellard wrote:

If you can give an URL to small *BSD images or CDROM to do testing, it should be easy to fix.

Fabrice.

Stefano Marinelli wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to install the several OSes, and I'm trying to do it using the latest CVS and the VNC interface. There are some issues with the mouse, but it's almost usable.
I had to get up installing:
-OpenBSD (it detects 3 disks (wrong), then use one of those but as soon as tries to write an error message comes out sayng "cannot access, disk may be full)
-FreeBSD (doesn't even boot)
-NetBSD (it detects correctly the disk, but when trying to write gives a "panic: npxdna vector not initialized" and gives me something like a shell)

I successfully installed ReactOS 0.2.2, even if it doesn't show (on VNC) the whole screen (but I suspect it's a problem of my vnc client)

Anybody had same issues with those OSes? Any work-around?

Bye,
Stefano