qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU RFB (vnc) driver

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU RFB (vnc) driver
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 17:00:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> - The configure option '--enable-vnc-and-sdl' must be suppressed. QEMU
> can handle several display interfaces (it has already two). So it is
> better to add a command line option '-vnc' to QEMU to select the VNC
> server display. Another command line option can be added to have both
> sdl and vnc display. Having configure time options _must_ be avoided as
> most users won't recompile QEMU.

Agree. These settings were only to get it work, and to debug. Whenever SDL
did something VNC couldn't, it was a fine feature to try the other
interface on the same qemu instance at once... I will change the compile
time options to command line options in the next few days.

> - An option '-k keyb_type' must be added to select the type of keyboard.

This I can do. But what about SDL? The keyboard support so far is only for
VNC, because it does not work at all otherwise.

Ciao,
Dscho