qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:05:24 +0200

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
Hi,

You might be careful, although win2k and winXP can be installed, there seems to be some bugs which prevents few programs running inside the emulation (2 examples: try the Wordpad in WinXP and try Partition Magic - both fail immediately).

Also the network part got quite few problems by itself (by default WinXP doesn't detect the card and it seems it doesn't have the ne2k driver or something - thats without Renzo's patch)..

Do you have these problems with the latest release ? Now that these OSes can be launched I hope it will be easier to debug.

There are still problems in win95/win98 for the hardware probe, although with my latest patches for self modifying code it works better. The hardware probe problem should explain the impression of slowness in win95/win98: the timers run about 10 times slower, so all the graphical animations are slowed down by this factor - hopefully QEMU itself is not so slow !

Fabrice.