qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu 0.5.2 random freezes

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu 0.5.2 random freezes
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:39:33 -0500

I was not able to install win98 via qemu due to random freezes and such.
I did install it via bochs, which took 2 days, and I am able to run
windows 98 in qemu now that its already installed. It still freezes,
however.

There are two kinds, one of which I have not determined the cause yet.
The other one, causes qemu to totally lock up requiring a kill -9
to close it.

WHen using gdb tho, a Control-C enables me to step through it.
It seems to be due to infinite recursion in tb_reset_jump_recursive2
in exec.c, and I found this on the mailing list:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-01/msg00104.html

However, I don't see a solution to this problem in the thread. How was this
solved?

I tried to test the current CVS but I was unable to compiled using either
gcc 3.0.4 or gcc 2.96 (the one by redhat) getting this error:

/usr/include/stdint.h:59: warning: redefinition of `uint64_t'
/home/jbrown105/qemu/qemu/dyngen-exec.h:28: warning: `uint64_t' previously
declared here
/home/jbrown105/qemu/qemu/cpu-exec.c: In function `cpu_x86_exec':
/home/jbrown105/qemu/qemu/cpu-exec.c:478: more than 10 operands in `asm'
make[1]: *** [cpu-exec.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jbrown105/qemu/qemu.old/i386-user'
make: *** [all] Error 1

My linux host version is this:

Linux jbrown.mylinuxbox.org 2.4.18 #13 Mon Jan 13 13:57:05 EST 2003 i586 unknown

Can someone give me a pointer on what the problem here is and how I can
fix it/patch it? Or, if someone can tell me how I can compile the cvs
successfully (assuming it has the fixes) that would be great as well.

TIA.