qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu with recent wine snapshot?

From: Lionel Ulmer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu with recent wine snapshot?
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:33:16 +0200

> Could someone please make a recent wine snapshot available that works under
> qemu?
> Or tell me how to build one that does? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Could you not :

 1) take a recent Wine RPM on WineHQ's site
    (http://www.winehq.org/site/download)

 2) check all the 'hard' package dependencies (no idea if you can list the
    dependencies of a package of an X86 RPM on another platform like
    Linux/PPC).

 3) download from the web all the packages needed by web and install them in
    a fake directory (using, for example, 'rpm2cpio' and 'cpio'). Of course,
    this is recursive, you need then to do step 2) on all these installed
    packages.

Once this is done, you should have Wine installed + all needed libraries in
your fake directory.

Note that I never tried this method myself (as I use and develop on Wine
natively as I own an X86), but I do not see why it should not work.

         Lionel

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/