qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem compiling qemu on Mandrake 9.2

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem compiling qemu on Mandrake 9.2
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:14:12 +0100

> gcc  -static
> -Wl,-T,/home/stealthdave/download/emulators/qemu/i386-vl.ld  -o
> qemu-fast vl.o block.o ide.o vga.o sb16.o dma.o oss.o fdc.o osdep.o
> sdl.o libqemu.a  -lm -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lm -ldl -lasound
> -laudio -lXt -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext
> /usr//bin/ld: cannot find -lm

it seems that your likage editor does not recognize the -lm option.
This problem could be caused by the non existence of the libm.a or
libm.so library (I feel this is highly improbable).
I think that your linkage editor ld get confused as the -lm option
appears twice in the command, thus it tries to find a file named -lm
(in fact it says -lm not found, it is not looking for libm.a).
I would edit the Makefile by hand to remove the first -lm.

        renzo