qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu simple user mode testing (arm, ppc, sparc)

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu simple user mode testing (arm, ppc, sparc)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:58:59 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have performed simple testing of qemu-0.5.2 (vide also my last email
about ARM emulation issues). I have used these tests:

1) C++ hello world example using iostreams
2) C++ hello world example using C stdio
3) C hello world example using C stdio
4) bogomips test

Tests 1-3 were tested in two versions, one linked dynamically and one
staticaly.

The results are (grouped by qemu-<processor>)

qemu-arm:

1) stat: failed
   dyn: failed
2) stat: run
   dyn: failed
3) stat: run
   dyn: failed
4) run (160 BogoMIPS -- very good!)

qemu-ppc:

1) stat: failed
   dyn: failed (qemu segfaults)
2) stats: run
   dyn: failed (qemu segfaults)
3) stat: run
   dyn: run
4) run (40 BogoMIPS)

qemu-sparc:

1) stat: run
   dyn: run
2) stat: run
   dyn: run
3) stat: run
   dyn: run
4) run (38 BogoMIPS)

Where it is not mentioned, binary failed with segfault, where is mentioned
``qemu segfaults'', QEMU segfaults directly.

My question is: is there anybody improving QEMU ARM support? Anyway, at
least sparc results looks very good, so I will probably try to test
qemu-sparc with some not so simple C++ application. Also is there anybody
here working on MIPS (mips32) support?

Thanks,

Karel
--