qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to send Ctrl+Alt+F1 to guest OS?

From: Lionel Ulmer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to send Ctrl+Alt+F1 to guest OS?
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:33:19 +0100

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 07:16:43PM -0500, Josh Metzler wrote:
> Now that I have xfree86 working in qemu, I would like to be able to send
> Ctrl+Alt+F1 to it to switch back to a vt.  When I try this, though, my host
> machine switches to vt1, even if I have the mouse captured by qemu.  Is there
> any way to do this?

Well, XFree86 is catching these special event codes and does not even send
them to the applications (ie all the the Ctrl+Alt+ +/- or Fx ones).

The only way to support is would be to do as VNC does : have a key pop-up a
menu with 'Send Ctrl+Alt+F1 to system'.

         Lionel

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/