qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.2 testing

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.2 testing
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:07:31 -0500

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:09:11AM +0100, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> I commited all the current fixes in the CVS. I will make the 0.5.2
> release tomorrow, so it would be interesting if some people could test
> it before it is officially released...

NetBSD 1.6.1 install CD: says "npx0 at isa0 port 0xf0-0xff: error reporting
broken; not using" during kernel boot, but continues.  When commencing the
install to disk, it complains "wdc_atapi_intr: warning: reading only 1 of 2
bytes" and seem to hang -- it makes no progress at least for a minute.

FreeBSD 5.1 install CD: hangs while it's starting the boot loader.  Even
the SDL window stops redrawing itself.

Win98 second edition install CD.  Spews a bunch of "FLOPPY ERROR: fd_seek:
try to read 0 00 02 (max=1 00 01)" messages while starting up the setup.
When copying files is complete, it says "Detection Manager failed to allocate
memory for internal use." followed by "Error loading Explorer.exe.  You must
reinstall Windows." and the termination of the setup.  If I then boot from
hard disk (-boot c), Windows finishes the installation, but after reboot,
I just get "While initializing device IOS: Windows protection error.  You
need to restart your computer."

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3: after selecting Disk Druid to partition my
disks, it goes nonresponsive (stops reacting to the keyboard), but it does
keep repainting its window.

--L