qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VESA VBE support in qemu?

From: Michael Torrie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VESA VBE support in qemu?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:31:06 -0700

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 15:37, malc wrote:

> VGABios and Bochs communicate via some predefined I/O Ports to provide
> VBE 1.2(or rather subset of). QEMU does not have this functionality(yet?).
> So for the time being, you can not run XFree with vesa driver.

Might I suggest running Xnest on the LinuxPPC host, and then just direct
all X applications in your virtual machine to point to the Xnest window
on the host machine.  It will be far faster, although I understand the
appeal of running the complete OS, video and all, in a virtual machine.

Michael

--
Michael Torrie <address@hidden>