qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ADD] PPC processor emulation

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ADD] PPC processor emulation
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:37:01 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, J. Mayer wrote:

> Here's a set of patches which adds PPC processor as a new target.
> The emulation is not complete:

Hehe, interesting. Since I hadn't seen news so far, I decided to implement
my own version for the SheepShaver core CPU emulator this weekend. ;-)

I have a test program that covers around 600K variants with specific
values to trigger flags updates. It requires a PPC host for now to
validate results. It helped a lot to first write a correct interpreter and
discover some hidden semantics in rare cases.

I will first fix Microlib's core and try to have a look at QEMU's
afterwards.

> there is no supervisor mode support for now

Assuming supervisor is OEA, how do you plan to emulate the TBR (at least
for VEA)? Currently, I make TBU=0/TBL=clock() loaded at MFTBR time. This
is enough to make MacOS classic happy. An alternative would be to use
gettimeofday() for seconds/microseconds. Any ideas?

Bye,
Gwenole.