qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [BUG] soft-mmu is buggy...

From: J. Mayer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] soft-mmu is buggy...
Date: 16 Nov 2003 10:09:12 +0100

I tried, for fun, to boot on a memtest86 v3.0 floppy disk.
I always get a lot of errors while doing test number 5. I didn't try
extended tests, so this test is the only one which fails, don't know
why...
It always find errors, at various address at low addresses between
0x30000 & 0x90000
(but it may be normal, considering the PC address mappings ?) and near
the end of the memory: between 110 MB and 128 Mb
(I'm using 128 MB for qemu memory size).
The error is always the same:
the bit 0x10000000 is 1 where it should be zero (memtests awaits for
0xefffffff and gets
0xffffffff).

Regards.

--