qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Host OS specific targets.

From: Raymond W. Lucke IV
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Host OS specific targets.
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Currently Qemu is very Linux-specific. It's code base is by no means
partitioned in such a way that I could go into a host-specific directory
and do my porting work. I am wondering what the chances are that this
could be done...

A few days ago I posted a list of Darwin friendly #defines that make it
compile cleanly about half way without modifying any source code, but
adding those would make the (one and only) host config very messy if it
had a bunch of #if defined (DARWIN) throughout.

So my proposal is simple: Split the source code into host-dependent and
non-host-dependent directories.

Is this feasible right now?

Regards,

Ray