qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] IPC syscall emulation and glibc 2.3.x fix

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] IPC syscall emulation and glibc 2.3.x fix
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:35:56 +0100

Derrik Pates wrote:
I'm working on adding emulation of the ipc syscall to qemu. I've managed to get SHM (mostly) working - at least, to the point that some X apps like it alright. I've run xwf (a simple GTK+-based file manager) and I managed to (with a lot of debug options) get Loki's port of SimCity 3000 started (though it hangs if you try to launch a game - it appears to get a SIGRTMIN and become confused by that, also the colors are obviously ordered wrong in the image, but the speed in the menu is pretty good). I intend to add support for semaphores and message queues as well, once I get the shmctl() stuff finished - still working on a few issues with getting stats on SHM segments.

Also, I've found a solution to some glibc changes that caused a build error on line 536 of cpu-exec.c (at least on PPC). However, to successfully #ifdef that so that it can still work with older glibc versions, I need to be able to fix the original configure.in that the configure script is generated from. Can that be added to CVS, so that it can be fixed as well?

Once I have this stuff ready (as well as possibly wrapping the _sysctl syscall), I'll submit a patch with all my changes.

Thank you for the work ! Don't forget to patch 'linux-test.c' so that it is possible to test automatically the ipc syscalls implementation.

Fabrice.