qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] non linux host?

From: Jocelyn Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] non linux host?
Date: 09 Aug 2003 13:27:32 +0200

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 13:16, John Davidorff Pell wrote:
> Can qemu compile on a non-linux host? will it run? is it possible to
> make it do this? or does the basic design of qemu make this impossible.
> I'm running MacOSX (mach kernel w/ most of freebsd on top). is this any
> kind of possible? :-)
>
> thanx!
>
> JP

Could be possible with some work.

I tried to compile qemu on MacOS X some times ago.
There are some headers to adjust to make the core compile.
This can be done in a portable way, for all BSD flavors and should be
easy.

But the syscall and ioctl handlers must be rewrote.
This can be quite long and not so funny.
But there's no real problem to adapt it,
except that it hasn't been done yet !

The good point is that it can be done all through
the BSD API, taking no care that the kernel is a Mach one...

Just have to find the courageous one who'll do the work :-)

Regards

--
Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden>