qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How difficult to strip this down?

From: Bradon Kanyid
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How difficult to strip this down?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:58:56 -0700

Hi,

I was wondering about how difficult it would be to strip down the cpu emulation to a simpler form? I need a x86 emulator that will work on an ARM9, but I don't need a lot of the extras that are included in your source. Really, I only need 80186 cpu emulation, and very little else. I was wondering if hacking out all the rest would be easy, or is this just a waste of my time? Also, you didn't post any benchmarks for the ARM with your recent benchmarks. My current emulation is probably about 20 arm instructions to 1 x86 instruction (I'm using a crappy MAME cpu core), and it appears for other cpus like the PPC that you get a 10-1 ratio. If I could get something like that, that'd be great. Anyways, this project looks great, and I'd like to be able to use it, but if it's something totally different from what I'm looking for, I'd like to know before I waste my time. Thanks