qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Misc patches for qemu

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Misc patches for qemu
Date: 27 Jun 2003 10:18:52 +0200

> > When can we expect the PPC target?
>
> Well I hope in a few days, maybe next week:
> I got all basic arithmetic and logical opcodes OK,
> getting no differences between a real PPC and qemu.
> But "real" programs like bash still crash after
> a few thousands of instructions...
>
> .../...

It would be interesting to work out a way to use the PPC emulation
to get the MacOnLinux virtual machine to run on non-PPC hardware :)

That would allow basically to run MacOS 9 and X on any machine...

I know Samuel already did some endian-fixing work for this and
is currently mostly lacking the actual CPU emulation.

Ben.