qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu is a wonderful (and presentation)

From: Stefano Marinelli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu is a wonderful (and presentation)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:02:34 +0200

Sorry, just read again your mail and found out I've read Guest for Host
on the second point, so I wrote a wrong thing... :)

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 07:32:13PM +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> who ask it :-) The optimal solution would require a tricky host kernel
> patch, but in this case it can be more tempting to use plex86.

I don't think so: the plex86 project will remain Linux on x86 Linux,
*perhaps* it would be able to launch Linux on *BSD. The qemu idea (of
the dynamic translation) could be slower, but surely more portable and
with a wider range of usings. So I think that even a host patch can be a
good idea.

Stefano Marinelli