qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] performance of qemu

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] performance of qemu
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:20:24 +0200

Johan Rydberg wrote:
Hi,

has anyone of you guys (Fabrice et al) done any performance measurements of
QEMU?  I'm particular intrested in the performance of functions that
set the condition codes.

I plan to publish soon some benchmarks against bochs and native execution.

If I'm not mistaken, the condition codes is simulated using two values and
an operator specifying what type of insn that generated the condition codes.

OK.

When is the full eflags register generated?  In the epilogue of a translated
block, or when ever an insn/callback reads the eflag register?

Only when an instruction really needs the full eflags register (such as pushf).

Is any optmization done in the case that two insns that kill the condition codes? (example: two insns that kills the condition codes, but no insn between them that uses it).

Yes.

Fabrice.