Disk migration from qcow2 to SPDK

From: 陈孚
Subject: Disk migration from qcow2 to SPDK
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 02:50:27 +0000

Hello everyone,

Recently, we are looking to switch the VM’s disks from the qemu driver with the qcow2 format to a vhost-user-blk driver based on SPDK. Currently, we are able to copy data into an SPDK-based target using the blockcopy method. We would like to inquire if there is a theoretical possibility to switch the virtio backend from qemu to vhost-user-blk online. If it's possible, what would need to be done?

Best regards