Re: [Qemu-block] Virtio-BLK/SCSI write requests and data payload checksu

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] Virtio-BLK/SCSI write requests and data payload checksums
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:45:00 +0100

Am 18.12.18 um 14:15 schrieb Vadim Rozenfeld:
> Peter, I must be missing something here, but what exactly the problem
> is?

The issue is that I see concurrent read requests coming in from Windows Guest
with vioscsi as driver that

have the same buffer address from guest memory space. I noticed this because I
have Data Digests enabled

and the calculated Digest has a wrong CRC32C. This happens because the CRC is
calculated while or after data

from a second requests reads into the same buffer. I see this only with Windows
and the request size seems

to be always 4K. This is either a bug in Windows, vioscsi or a mad application
issuing concurrent reads using

the same buffer. From what I have seen in the dumps of the data that has been
read it seems not to be one

common application.

Best,

Peter