Re: [Qemu-block] [ovirt-users] Re: Debugging ceph access

From: Bernhard Dick
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [ovirt-users] Re: Debugging ceph access
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 13:01:07 +0200

Hi,

Am 01.06.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 11:02:01PM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 1:55 AM Bernhard Dick <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I found the reason for my timeout problems: It is the version of librbd1
(which is 0.94.5) in conjunction with my CEPH test-environment which is
running the luminous release.
When I install the librbd1 (and librados2) packages from the
centos-ceph-luminous repository (version 12.2.5) I'm able to start and
migrate VMs inbetween the hosts.

vdsm does not require librbd since qemu brings this dependency, and vdsm
does not access ceph directly yet.

Maybe qemu should require newer version of librbd?

Upstream QEMU builds against any librbd version that exports the
necessary APIs.

The choice of library versions is mostly up to distro package
maintainers.

Have you filed a bug against Ceph on the distro you are using?
At least I didn't file a bug, as I'm not sure whether this might even desired. And if supplying a newer version of librbd within the base repository leads to problems with older clusters. The 0.94.5 version is from the base repository (On Centos 7 and oVirt Node 4.3).

  Regards
    Bernhard