Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] QEMU being able to use audio cdroms

From: Victor Toso
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] QEMU being able to use audio cdroms
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 10:02:42 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 02:00:39PM -0500, Programmingkid wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 1:49 PM, John Snow wrote:
>

> > On 11/25/2015 03:44 PM, Programmingkid wrote:
> >> Is there any platform where a guest in QEMU can play an audio cd? If not,
> >> is this a feature that you would allow into QEMU?
> >>

> > I haven't tested it, nobody has ever asked. I wouldn't reject patches
> > for such a feature, but I likely wouldn't make reviewing them a priority
> > either.
> >
> > I assume this would be primarily for emulating games/etc that use mixed
> > Data/Audio formats?
>
> That could be one reason to do it. I just thought it would be neat to be able
> to play CDs inside a guest.

Yeah, I saw a demo with cd-rom redirection working, but in an older
version of QEMU (1.7.2). It even has spice support.

Not sure what changes are necessary to make it work upstream.
You can check cdrom branches here [0]

CCing Marc-Andre that sent the patches and Pavel which was working on
rebasing this.

[0] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~pgrunt/

cheers,
  Victor Toso