Re: [Qemu-block] I/O accounting overhaul

From: Alberto Garcia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] I/O accounting overhaul
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:41:53 +0200

On Mon 08 Jun 2015 03:21:19 PM CEST, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please structure the patches so that each statistic or group of
> statistics has its own patch.

Yes, that's the plan.

>> uint64_t queue_depth[BLOCK_MAX_IOTYPE];
>>
>>    Average number of requests. Similar to the previous one. It would
>>    require us to keep a count of ongoing requests as well.
>
> How is this calculated?
>
> You can keep track of the maximum queue depth easily (I think that's
> what fio does, for example).  For anything else you need a concept of
> time like a load average calculation.

We already need a way to compute the average latency for I/O operations
in a certain period of time, so we can use that. BenoƮt had already
written some code for that purpose and that's what I'm using as the
basis for my work.

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-09/msg04844.html

Berto