Re: [Qemu-arm] qemu-system-arm with GPU support for QT with OpenGL on

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] qemu-system-arm with GPU support for QT with OpenGL on
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 16:31:08 +0100

On Sat, 4 May 2019 at 21:42, Andy Ng <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have tried to create Cortex-A9 images based on vexpress, however
> qemu will complain about the PCI. I have tried to use -M virt, but
> this one brings up cortex-A15, compatibility issue.
>
> Any ideas what would it be the best way forward to make it run on
> Qemu?   Do you know what is the best -M type that I have to use.

Our recommendation is to use "virt":
https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/ARM#Guidelines_for_choosing_a_QEMU_machine

> realview-pbx-a9 ? I do not want to recompile the code in different
> architecture of CPU model.

Cortex-A9 and -A15 are very close -- any application level
code built for the A9 should run fine on QEMU's A15 model.
The kernel will obviously need to be built with "virt" board
support and Cortex-A15 support enabled, but you need to
build a kernel that works for the board model you select anyway.

thanks
-- PMM