[Qemu-arm] QEMU user mode for cortex M

From: Massimiliano Cialdi
Subject: [Qemu-arm] QEMU user mode for cortex M
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 22:46:04 +0100

hello,
I would like to try some algorithms on cortex M (especially cortex M4). I don't need to emulate the whole machine, I just need the user mode.
To test the feasibility, I wrote the trivial "hello world".

I can compile it with arm-none-eabi-gcc, but the newlib associated with it does not implement any syscall.
So I tried, on ubuntu, with the cross compiler arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc and its libc6, but the latter is only distributed for cortex A.

What do you suggest? Should I recompile the libc6 for cortex M (or do I find it pre-compiled)? Should I implement (and how?) syscalls on newlib?

In summary, I would need a step-by-step guide to running Cortex M code on QEMU arm user mode.

best regards
Max

--
Et nunc, auxilium solis, vincam!