[Qemu-arm] aarch32 acquire/release vs mttcg

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-arm] aarch32 acquire/release vs mttcg
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:55:01 +0000

Looking through code I noticed that in target/arm/translate.c there
is the following comment in the decode for the load-acquire/store-release
instructions:

      /* Since the emulation does not have barriers,
         the acquire/release semantics need no special
         handling */

This is out of date now we have MTTCG, isn't it?
The equivalent code in translate-a64.c has some calls to tcg_gen_mb()
to emit barriers...presumably we need to fix the a32 code to do
the same.

(We haven't noticed this because I think in practice nobody
much is compiling Armv8-specific AArch32 code.)

thanks
-- PMM