Re: [Qemu-arm] Any progress with the Cortex-M4 emulation?

From: Michael Davidsaver
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Any progress with the Cortex-M4 emulation?
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 20:46:30 -0400

On 04/06/2016 06:23 PM, Liviu Ionescu wrote:

>> On 07 Apr 2016, at 01:04, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> ... Somebody needs to do the necessary work to fix the
>> code review issues. ...
>
> in this case I'll probably wait for this process to be completed and
> reevaluate the situation by then.

Liviu,

I haven't had time to complete a revision of my patch set so far this year.
I've been busy with other work (good for me, bad for qemu), and don't see this
situation changing for an least the next two months.  It sounds like you have
time and inclination to do part of what I've started.  I hope my having done
half of a too big job won't keep you from finishing part of it.

If you decide to work on this problem, please don't hesitate to appropriate, or
ignore, what I've done so far.

For what it's worth, I did start another revision back in February.  It does
include the change Peter requested to the storage of priorities wrt. prigroup,
but doesn't break up the big "rewrite NVIC" patch.

https://github.com/mdavidsaver/qemu/tree/fixirq2

Separately, I have a set of target test programs which I can run both with qemu
and a real board.  They mostly agree.  Aside from test8.c (MPU) they might be
of interest.

https://github.com/mdavidsaver/baremetal/tree/qemutest

Michael