pygsear-users

RE: [pygsear] Install and beyond

From: Lee Harr
Subject: RE: [pygsear] Install and beyond
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:10:07 +0430

I'm back trying to make this work. Since the /installers directory doesn't exist, I ran:

You might want to try the one with the installer... (pygsear-0.53.1a)
although the way you are doing it should have the same end
result.

  C:\Program Files\Python24\pygsear-053\pygsear-0.53.1>python test.py

  Resulted in:

File "C:\Program Files\Python24\pygsear-053\pygsear-0.53.1\pygsear\Util.py", line 231, in load_images_dict images[filename] = load_image(full_imagepath, convert)

      raise pygame.error, 'Could not load %s' % filename
pygame.error: Could not load C:\Program Files\Python24\pygsear-053\pygsear-0.53.1\examples\data\images\arrow\Thumbs.db

load_images_dict tries to load all files in a directory as
images. So it is trying to load
...\pygsear-0.53.1\examples\data\images\arrow\Thumbs.db
as an image.

Did you ever load any of those images in an image editor? That
probably created the Thumbs.db automatically. Try removing
Thumbs.db from that folder.

I notice that that function does check and not try to load
'CVS' and '.xvpics'. You could probably just change the code
there and replace '.xvpics' with 'Thumbs.db' to get it to work.

Probably what I should do is just skip things that are not images.
I don't remember right now why I did it this way...

So I searched for Thumbs.db in my Python directory and below. Didn't find this file. Then I looked in the pygsear-0.53.1.zip to see if it was there, and it wasn't.

  Am I missing an entire set of files?

No. I think this is a file that is not normally there, but  was created
by some tool you are using.

The easiest fix would probably be to start with a freshly unzipped
copy of the download.