pyformex-dev

[pyformex-dev] Welcome

From: Benedict Verhegghe
Subject: [pyformex-dev] Welcome
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:58:58 +0100

Dear Wenxuan,

welcome to the pyFormex developer group.

I made you a member of two mailing lists:
- address@hidden
- address@hidden

The first can (and should) be used by the pyformex developers to discuss
any topic related with pyFormex.

The second is intended to be only used by pyFormex repository scripts to
inform the developers about the changes that have been made.

So, never send mail directly to address@hidden Always use
address@hidden

I am preparing a small document that summarizes how to use the pyFormex
repository and development tools, how to write and maintain the
documentation, etc. Much of this is already available somewhere in the
pyFormex repository and documentation. But as most of the other
developers have always been within walking distance of my office, there
is also a lot we have communicated orally. I want to collect most of
that now in a document that will help you and other future group members
(and even some long-time members).

In the document you will then find detailed instruction on how to
proceed to create or change documentation, how to write the source
docstrings, and so on.

Meanwhile, you can already prepare yourself for getting developer access
to the repository. The most important tool you will need for that is
Subversion. By the way, for giving you proper advice it would help if
you can tell us on what computer system(s) you are using (what Linux
distribution, own or shared computer, do you have root access) and what
Linux experience you have (using, installing?).

Benedict

Prof. Benedict Verhegghe                              Universiteit Gent
E-mail: address@hidden                    IBiTech-bioMMeda
Tel: +32 9 332 4226                               Campus Heymans-Blok B
Fax: +32 9 332 4159                       De Pintelaan 185, B-9000 GENT
                                            http://www.ibitech.ugent.be