pyatcron-devel-list

[Pyatcron-devel-list] Brainstorming

From: NICOLOVICI Xavier
Subject: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Brainstorming
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:48:53 +0200

Hi Julien,

Thanks for you remarks, it's very much appreciated.

1) Your're right for the Task::getEditorWidget, it should only returns
the Widget itself, and the Widget construction should go into
__init__().
Now, I see two options here.
1. The __init__() method should call a buildWidget() method which goal
is to build the Widget. That way, Task child class will have to
reimplement this function, not the __init__() one.
2. Make Task class inherited from gtk.Widget class. That way, no need to
have a getEditorWiget() function. This is certainly the smarter way, but
might be more difficult to do.
PS: I like the  second way, as we might be able to send signals when
internal fields changes. Think about how easy it could be to connect the
MainWin GUI to Task, Scheduler and SchedulerList "changed" event.

I think that there is some brainstorming to have there. The best way
would be writting the class API before writing any code. Hmmm, this
project is getting more and more interesting ;-)

2) Sure, the SchedulerEditor with it's Notebook is not perfect, but hey,
an hour to implement everything, this is where the real performance is
;-) Seriously, this is a quick draft, and I'm waiting for your
improvements...

3) I should be able to apply your big patch this afternoon. Source code
I've changed a bit between your patch creation and now, so I can not
apply it straight forward. Give me a few hours from now and I'll do the
job.

4) I've bought the domain name for a year (12$, not so much). I've no
problem at paying for that, thanks anyway for the help.

Bye, and many thanks for what you're doing.

Xavier

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an addressing or
a transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by
replying to the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free. However,
we cannot accept responsibility for any virus transmitted by us and recommend
that you subject any incoming e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.