pspp-users

PSPP "runtime" terminating program unexpectedly from syntax

From: Decker, Suzanne
Subject: PSPP "runtime" terminating program unexpectedly from syntax
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 12:44:04 +0000

Hello all,  I am experiencing a problem such that I can open data files in PSPP (vsn 1.0.1 – g818227), but can’t open SOME of the syntax files on my Windows 7 computer. When I open these syntax files, I get this error message and the program immediately terminates.

I talked to my local IT, who said they applied a patch to PSPP (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/884538/you-receive-a-this-application-has-requested-the-runtime-to-terminate) but it did not fix the problem… unfortunately the patch works on Windows XP and my computer runs Windows 7.

Does anyone have a solution to this so that I do not lose the work I have done?  I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks, Suzanne

cid:image001.png@01D42A98.4F8D6890