pspp-users

Re: Pspp 1.0.1

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: Pspp 1.0.1
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 20:22:04 -0500

Ben,

I agree with Sandor that this omission makes clustering not very useful
in PSPP. When I was working on this, the hold-up on this feature was
that I didn't know how to add variables to a dataframe. I intended to
see how saved predictions were handled by regression, but I didn't
understand that code.

-Alan

On 6/3/2018 5:31 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> That's right.
>
> Sandor, I guess that you would find this to be a valuable feature?  It
> may not be difficult to implement.
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 3:15 PM Friedrich Beckmann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Sandor,
>>
>> i think it is simply not implemented. See:
>>
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41019
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Friedrich
>>
>>> Am 03.06.2018 um 23:41 schrieb sandorh <address@hidden>:
>>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I read the manual of the newest pspp version and I didn't find the save
>>> subcommand of the quick claster command. Why? How can we use it without
>>> save subcommand in practice?
>>>
>>> Sándor

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails... Time for Pi.

          --"The Register" user Alister, applying the famous
            "Blade Runner" speech to software development