pspp-users

Mac Installation Problem?

From: Ryoko Yamamoto
Subject: Mac Installation Problem?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 02:14:03 +0000

Greetings,

I recently downloaded the latest stable PSPP MacOS Bundle (pspp-1.0.1-1.dmg) and installed it on my MacBook (OS High Sierra). I have been experiencing a couple of problems and wonder if anyone can offer suggestions.

#1. I cannot open a .sav file by double-clicking or right-clicking --> open (An error message attached). The only way I can open a file is through FILE --> OPEN.

#2. PSPP sometimes crashes in the process of exporting an output. When it crashes, the data file disappears even though it was previously saved.

Based on the error message to #1, I wonder if the app is not properly installed. I reinstalled it, but the problem persists.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Ryoko