pspp-users

Re: reading csv data set

From: ftr public
Subject: Re: reading csv data set
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 14:15:50 +0100

Hi Gene,

The next logical question is : which is your version on which OS ?

-ftr

On 03/01/2018 01:26, someone wrote:
Hi

I am pretty sure there is something wrong with the pspp version I got.
I made a simple csv file here, called "testing.csv"

I followed these steps on the pspp gui, and got a data set, but see the problems below

file
import data
click on "testing.csv"
buttons on lower right are "reset", "next", "cancel"
click on next
upper left shows
"Select the lines to import"
"Select file to import"
lower right shows "reset", "next", "back", "finish" and "cancel"
click on next
upper left shows
"Select the first line"
"Select file to import"
click on next
upper left shows
"choose separators"
"Select file to import"
now lower right only shows "reset", "next", "back" and "cancel"
upper left shows
"adjust variable formats"
"Select file to import"
lower right had "finish"
click finish

data set is read in, but:
variable names disappeared
there is an extra first and last line

At each step where the upper left showed that I was -supposed- to be able to do something, there was no opportunity to do so, nothing appeared which would allow me to select, choose, adjust, or anything.

This seems to be a really simple csv data set, and it didn't work, so I can only conclude this version of pspp isn't working, for the windows set up I have.  Again, I think it's windows 10, on a 64 bit laptop, and I downloaded pspp a couple of days ago from here

Would I tell these problems to the people there?

Thanks

Gene