pspp-users

Re: problem of launching pspp in debian 9 related to libgsl

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: problem of launching pspp in debian 9 related to libgsl
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:14:28 +0200

Hi,

there was a change in the libgsl as far as I remember. Could you uninstall pspp and then
reinstall pspp? Before that, could you run apt-get update?

Could you install libgsl2?

Regards

Friedrich

Am 21.09.2017 um 11:25 schrieb dr soumalya ray <address@hidden>:

friends,
i am using debian 9 (upgraded from debian 8). was able to use pspp (ire) in debian 8. however, unable to use pspp (ire) since the upgrade. whenever i am trying to launch it, it is failing with this message : "pspp: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".
when i checked in synaptic, libgsl is installed.
screenshot of the error with the synaptic could be found at Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet and Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

information about the laptop :
uname -a
Linux abhra 4.12.0-0.bpo.1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.12.6-1~bpo9+1 (2017-08-27) i686 GNU/Linux

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is giving blank output.

i'll be very obliged if could kindly guide me in the correct direction.

regards,

abhra