pspp-users

Any chance of matrix input being implemented?

From: Jaap Verhage
Subject: Any chance of matrix input being implemented?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:29:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hello reader,

I hope this is the right place to pose my question; I couldn't find any other. I'm doing a literature research on reading problems in children, and I like to do my own re-analysis of the data that the researchers report. This is possible if the authors of an article report N of cases, means, standard deviations and a complete correlation matrix of the variables measured. SPSS then allows me to use this as input with procedures like FACTOR and REGRESSION. But that means that matrix input must be accepted by these procedures. As I'm not sure how long I will be able to use SPSS in the future, I'm looking for alternatives. Naturally, my first choice is PSPP, but unfortunately, PSPP doesn't support matrix input of the kind I'm talking about. Is there a chance of it being implemented? I am quite ready to do something in return. I'm not a programmer, but I could do translation work from English into Dutch.

Regards, Jaap.