pspp-users

Re: Selecting cases using the "IF" Function

From: ftr public
Subject: Re: Selecting cases using the "IF" Function
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 23:34:07 +0100

You might find some guidelines here. Raynald web site is one of the most highly appreciated that exists.

http://spsstools.net/pt/learning-syntax/

Regards,
ftr

On 18/01/2017 16:53, Aj Hollenbach wrote:
Hi PSPP Users,

I am transitioning from SPSS to PSPP and am having some troubles with case selection. Specifically, under SPSS, I used to be able to select cases using a radio button in the Data / Select Cases dialogue box that stated "Select if condition is satisfied...". However, under PSPP, I have found that this option is not available, and that you can only select cases based upon (1) a random sample, (2) case range, or (3) a filter variable. In other words, there is no option for using the IF function for selection purposes. I am attaching screenshots from both programs.

I greatly appreciate any advice that others might have on how to best make a selection of cases using a conditional IF statement. In short, I am running analysis of household survey data, but only want to use data from a handful of the administrative jurisdictions (provinces) within the larger data set.

Regards,
Allen

PS: I am running GNU pspp 0.10.1-g1082b8