pspp-users

AW: PSPP-BUG: PSPP on Mac

From: Hulliger Beat
Subject: AW: PSPP-BUG: PSPP on Mac
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 07:03:14 +0000

Dear Friedrich

In the mean time I have seen installations of the dmg package of PSPP on several Mac Systems including El Capitan and Sierra. Usually without problems. Even some students that tried desperately to install SPSS (we have a site licence) and failed in the end had no problems with the installation of the dmg package of PSPP.

The windows are displayed very small in the beginning but can be enlarged.

A general remark on psppire: For me the most urgent addition to PSPPire would be the integration of Boxplots and QQ-Plots in the Explore Window and/or Graphs Window. Second priority would be Mann-Whitney U-test.

I appreciate that PSPP actually does a QQ-Plot in the examine procedure in spite of the command "npplot": Outliers are better detected with QQ-plots than with PP-plots.

Thanks a lot for the port! It saved a lot of sweat and tears!

Regards,

Beat