pspp-users

Re: Re: PSPP not working

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Re: PSPP not working
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 13:03:56 +0200

A screenshot is probably not going to help.

What would be more interesting would be to know exactly what analysis
you are running.    I think you said that you were running a FREQUENCIES
analysis on one variable.

So:

* How many cases in this dataset (approx) ?
* How many distinct values does that variable have (approx) ?

If for example you have a million cases, and this variable is a scalar
variable, then it'll have close to a million distinct values.  In which
case it would not be a sensible analysis to run and I can indeed imagine
that it would take a lot of memory and time.

On the other hand, if the variable has only a small number of distinct
values and if the dataset is small, then perhaps you have a diffiernt problem.

J'