pspp-users

PSPP Upgrade in LINUX MINT

From: user
Subject: PSPP Upgrade in LINUX MINT
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 13:29:15 -0400

Hello - I'm new to PSPP, but not to SPSS and other similar stat programs.

I currently installed PSPP in Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.1; 32 bit. I used the software manager program that comes with Linux Mint. PSPP is working fine.

The version of PSPP however,  is 0.7.9,  and does not include a repeated measures test.

I would like to upgrade to a newer version of PSPP, but I do not know how to follow the instructions (really) on how to manually install programs from a downloaded and extracted  tar.gz file. Therefore, I usually just install what is available in the software managers or I find sources that have explicit terminal commands for me to use.

In addition, I don't know if I need to worry about installing or deleting additional programs if I already have PSPP installed and I don't know if I should uninstall PSPP before installing/upgrading to the newest stable version.

If anyone using Linux Mint has knowledge on the actual terminal commands necessary to upgrade PSPP...please contact me.

Thanks!