pspp-users

Re: Warning on unreleased versions.

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: Warning on unreleased versions.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 08:38:13 +0100

Hi all,

I have the impression that we are now at a point where any solution will piss off some people, while at the same time the consequences of any solution will at maximum be minor for all users (can I do more or less with psppire, with any of the solutions?). So maybe we should let the dice decide. We could use the following random number generation site:

https://www.lotto.de/de/ergebnisse/lotto-6aus49/archiv.html

If the first number on saturday, march 5th is:

1-15     no message at all
16-32   "This is a development version. It may contain bugs.“ in the title bar
33-49   "This is a development version. It may contain bugs.“ in the output window.

This will piss off nobody and at the same time you can at maximum have the feeling that you are not a lucky man.

What do you think?

Friedrich