pspp-users

Re: data set opening bug

From: news
Subject: Re: data set opening bug
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 23:23:40 +0100

On 06/02/2016 01:16, news wrote:
Hi,

When opening a sav file from the quality of government web site of Gothenburg University PSPP produced the following error message (the entire message is annexed):

attention: 'C:\Users\Toshiba\Documents\data\world\qog_std_cs_jan15.sav' près du segment 0x340a3 :Record type 7, subtype 18 found here has the same type as the record found near offset 0x3406a. For help, please send this file to bug-gnu-
address@hidden and mention that you were using GNU PSPP 0.9.0-g3a3d58.

This error message is repeated up to the limit that PSPP allows in the output window.

The file shows in the data window but a simple frequency command makes the program crash.

The file is public and can be acquired from http://www.qogdata.pol.gu.se/data/qog_std_cs_jan16.sav for a newer version which produces the same kind of error message.

Any help appreciated.

TIA
-ftr

I uninstalled the preceding version and now I install since noon - not it is 23:00 hrs - the latest 64bit version for windows on Win 7 Prof.
PSPP installs very, very slowly.
Currently the installer says
Installation running. Please wait.
Search in C:\Program Files (x86)\share\icons\hicolor\16x16\actions
and this since maybe 20:00 hrs.
I guess it stops to install.

The slowness made me try to stop the installation process but all buttons in the install windows are greyed out, as well as the red close windows button on the upper right.

What happens if I kill the installation process through the task manager ?
I risk to get rests of the installation attempt scattered all over the registry ? I generally use Revo Uninstaller Pro for installing (but not this time) as well for uninstalling.

I am really frustrated.

Regards,
ftr