pspp-users

Re: PSPP Windows 7 Terminal mode (Joe Genshlea)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: PSPP Windows 7 Terminal mode (Joe Genshlea)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 21:03:48 +0200

Hi Joe

If you have the syntax edit screen  opened  there is a file button and when opened you find a "save as". The file you saved can be used in the terminal mode and with PSPP.

Furthermore you will find a pspp.jnl journal file which also includes all your commands. This can be very helpfull for building your syntax with the gui. Copying pspp.jnl to my-syntax.sps, or what ever, and remove the output and unnecessary parts can be a quick way to reach your goal.

Have fun

I'll try both those suggestions.  The main reason I want to script my processes is that I need to apply the same meta data (Variable and value labels)  to different files.    If there is a way to save the file layout then I can do everything in PSPPIRE.