pspp-users

Re: pspp build on windows (Ali F)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: pspp build on windows (Ali F)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 21:01:26 +0100

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:06:13 +0330
From: Ali F <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: pspp build on windows

Hi
I'm using pspp and I needed to know how can I build pspp sources on windows
and for windows. I couldn't find any way to do that on windows.
Could you help me please?
Best regards

The answer is not as easy as it looks nor is your question as clear as it looks. To give you a quick answer:

You could use cygwin and mingw for porting a gnu source to MSWindows.
At least the last can be used on MSWindows and on GNU/Linux which makes it possible to build on and for MSWindows. The cygwin or mingw installation should contain all the prerequisites needed for pspp. You can find these requisites in the docs or ./configure will tell you what it is missing.
Lucky enough the source of pspp can be build without chances so that makes it relative easy.

For instance on http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2015-02-10/used-to-build/ you can find the script genwininst.pl which I use to build PSPP4 Windows on
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/Tooling/ you can find the script I used to install my computer with the mingw environment.

Have fun