pspp-users

Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 103, Issue 24

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Pspp-users Digest, Vol 103, Issue 24
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 09:43:24 -0800

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:37:26PM -0500, Dave wrote:
> FWIW, the Mac version seems to go in fits and starts too. The current
> version is as good as I'd expect. The problem is that it _is_
> volunteer software…! but that's also a strength.

It's volunteer software, of course, but the big problem on Mac, as well
as on Windows, is that there is no core developer who can regularly fix
bugs there.  The problems on Mac may be less severe than on Windows
because the Mac operating environment is more like GNU/Linux than is
Windows.  Also, we do get some direct debugging assistance from Jeremy
(for which I am grateful).